- About the Course
- Why Choose Allied
Anatomy and Physiology Course
Every career in the health care industry starts with a solid foundation of knowledge. Whether you are pursuing a medical coding, medical billing or medical transcription career, you need a thorough understanding of anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology and laboratory medicine. Allied's Anatomy and Physiology course provides the information you need, with a convenient and flexible learning option that fits your life. Learn from home, further your career!
Acquire the education that gives you a career advantage. When you enroll, you will learn anatomical terminology, signs and symptoms of disease, surgical procedures, laboratory values, clinical applications, and much more. Additionally, with the impending transition to the ICD-10 coding system and implementation of electronic health records, you will be prepared to effectively adapt to the evolving health care industry. Why wait? Increase your knowledge base today.
Note: The Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity (AHDI) has approved our Anatomy and Physiology course for 8 Continuing Education Credits (CECs) in Clinical Medicine. Certified Medical Transcriptionists (CMTs) must earn a minimum of 30 Continuing Education Credits (CECs) in the required categories every three years.
What You Will Receive
- 2 Textbooks:
- The Human Body in Health & Disease, 6th Edition
- Anatomy and Physiology for The Human Body in Health & Disease, 6th Edition
- 14 online, interactive lessons – including reading assignments, quizzes and unit exams
- One Midterm – 40 multiple-choice questions, no proctor required
- Online final exam – 40 multiple-choice questions, no proctor required
- State-of-the-art education
- Live student support
- Recall the structural foundation of the body, basic chemistry, and various chemicals that comprise the human body.
- Identify the structural and functional aspects of cell organization and the various types of tissues that compose the body's organs.
- Recognize the anatomy and organization of the body, disease terminology, and patterns of disease.
- Specify the function and structure of the Integumentary system and the various types of epithelial and connective tissue body membranes.
- Name the functions and recognize the structure of the Skeletal and Muscular systems.
- Identify the organs, divisions, an functions of the Nervous system.
- Idistinguish between special and general sense organs and recognize the structure and anatomy of the eyes and ears.
- Name the functions of the endocrine glands, hormones they secrete, and important roles that hormones play in homeostasis, normalcy, and abnormalities.
- Recall the primary functions of blood and the heart and their associated disorders and abnormalities.
- Identify the structures, functions, and deficiencies of the Lymphatic system, as well as types of immunity.
- Specify the structure and generalized functions of the Respiratory system as well as the disorders of the upper respiratory tract.
- Recognize the component parts of the Digestive system and the basic principles of nutrition and metabolism.
- Identify the major organs and functions of the Urinary System and mechanisms that maintain fluid balance.
- Recall the essential and accessory organs, functions of each, and the structures of external male and female genitals of the Male and Female Reproductive systems.
Call (888) 822-2923 to enroll today and get the education you need to build a lasting career in the ever-growing health care industry – Allied has exactly what you need.
Why Should You Choose Allied for Your Education?
Take the first step with an accredited school that truly cares about your success. When you enroll, you get the foundation of knowledge that prepares you to transition into the exciting health care industry. Benefit from convenient online learning, high-quality course materials and live student support – you'll have all of the tools to succeed with your studies. What could be more rewarding?
Here's why you should partner with Allied today:
Online Course – Enjoy the Most Convenient Way to Learn
Benefit from an online course that is centered on your needs. When you learn online, you can complete your course when and where you want with the most convenient and flexible way to learn: your way! Forget travel time, parking fees and set class hours. Learn from the comfort of home when it suits you best.
Personalized Student Support –Talk to a Live Person When You Need Help
Have a question? Give us a call during normal business hours and talk a helpful Allied educational support rep. Our students receive one-on-one assistance throughout the duration of their course. Course questions, technical issues, support and encouragement – you'll be covered!
Nationally Accredited – Choose a School with the Right Credentials
Allied Schools is nationally accredited by the Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education and Training Council (DETC). The Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education and Training Council is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a nationally recognized accrediting organization. The DETC can be reached at: 1601 18th Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20009; (202) 234-5100; www.detc.org.
Superior Course Materials – Learn the Concepts You Need to Know
When you enroll at Allied, you will have the reassurance that you are going to receive a solid academic foundation. The focused course materials delve into the anatomy and physiology topics you need to know to build a career in the health care industry. With knowledge of the necessary concepts and procedures, you'll have the education to successfully move onto the next step.
With Allied by your side, you're sure to reach your goals. Call (888) 822-2923 to get started today!